here is a general overview of what you get when you purchase a Copper Creek Labrador Retriever.
here is what to expect when you bring a new puppy home
- each one of our females and males we use have been put through genetic testing so we know we are producing health puppies for you and your family. we do not breed any dogs that are carriers or effected by any genetic issues.
- each puppy is sent home with dewclaws removed, de wormed at 2 4 6 and 8 weeks, first set of shots and first vet check, parents pedigree, started on heart guard, and a puppy starter pack (starter bag of food, a toy with litter smell on it and a blanket) along with a copy of our contract.
- we strive to give the best pups out there and we are confident in them that we send each pup home with a 30 month health guarantee. if anything is wrong health wise with the pup we will give you a new pup at the same price as the first one you bought.
- each pup is handled from day one and exposed to lots of sights sounds and smells by eight weeks.
- our puppies are raised in home with us and are handled by adults as well as children and are around other dogs and cats.
Copper Creek Contract information
- adjustment can be stressful on these little guys and gals. depression not eating and some diarrhea is normal. if it persists for more then a couple days please contact your vet
- you will need to make a potty schedule a good rule of thumb is every two hours some times more frequently
- potty after wake up and after meal time
- there can be some crying and whimpering
- when you buy a Copper Creek pup we are here for each new puppy parent for questions and concerns to help you navigate this crazy but super fun adventure!
our contracts for puppies outline the standards we use on our dogs here and tips for you as a new puppy parent it also outlines out 30 month health guarantee and our limited warranty on knees hips and elbows .here's what we will cover under both:
LIMITED REGISTRATION OR PET HOMES ONLY
- our parents are genetic tested for ALL genetic disorders that Labs carry so no worries there!
- we will replace your pup if the pup has a congenital disorder that arises don't worry we will not ask you to return the dog to us. we will give you pick of a like priced pup from a future litter. we also cover under this any weird catastrophic issues or disorders that were not created due to the environment the puppy is in now ie broken bones ran over things like this.
- our Limited coverage on Knees hips and elbows covers and dysplasia that is not created by environmental factors. this is the one that gets tricky.
- our health guarantee can be extended if you as the buyer keeps the pup on the food we recommend and use of the Nuvet labs supplements.
- as always we want to keep our puppy families happy and will always back our puppies as best we can.
- we also offer lifetime support of each one of our copper creek pups. what do we mean by this. we are always here to answer questions that arise during the life of these guys and gals. we encourage as many questions as possible and on what ever dog subject you have or are working on.
- All Puppies and Dogs Sold By Copper Creek Kennel Come With:
- Vet check by certified veterinarian
- Health records 30 month health guarantee a 2 year hip and eye guarantee and a 5 year free puppy replacement guarantee on any non-environmental issues (IE- untestable congenital issues genetic cancers etc.)
- Dew claws removed
- AKC registration papers ( limited or full depending on contract)
- First shots heart guard and dewormed (2, 4, 6 and 8 weeks)
- 24 hour help or answers to questions on you new family member.
- Buyer Responsibility outline
- Cannot hold breeder responsible for damages settlements liability judgements or injuries caused by the dog or puppy.
- It’s the buyer’s responsibility to train handle and work with the dog. Temperament of dog is not the breeders responsibility after the pup leaves their possession
- To not abuse or neglect puppy or dog in any manner
- Breeder recommends obedience or puppy classes
- Breeder provides dewormer at 2 4 6 and 8 weeks and first set of shots and heartguard. It’s the buyers responsibility to get the rest i.e. boosters and Rabies
- Holding agreement
A 200 dollar deposit is required to hold your puppy. The seller assigns the buyer the guarantee that the puppy will not be sold to any other party then the deposit holder as long as buyer adheres to the puppy pickup guidelines. The 200 dollar deposit is nonrefundable and will be applied to the purchase price of the puppy when the buyer assumes physical possession of assigned puppy. Seller takes cash money order or cashier check for payment no personal checks. Remainder of payment on puppy is due at pick up or before shipping of assigned puppy. Payment at pick up time is cash money order, NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT ANYTIME.
Pick up of Your Puppy
Your assigned puppy needs to be picked up between 8 and 9 weeks of age. If you have not made arrangements prior to pick up Copper Creek has the right to void the contract, resell puppy and keep the nonrefundable deposit. If prior arrangements have been made these will be noted in the puppy contract made between Copper Creek and the buyer. All fees for puppy must be made before puppy will be released to buyer. Shipping is available to buyer for additional fees. Puppies though will not be shipped until 8 weeks of age.
Puppies are to be in good condition for the first 72 hours after the time of the purchaser assumes physical possession of the puppy. The buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian at the buyer’s expense with in the first week of possession of puppy. If any serious physical issues like hip dysplasia by certification of OFA the puppy or dog (5YRS) IS TO BE RETURNED TO THE BREEDER FOR A REPLACMENT PUPPY FROM A FURTURE LITTER OF THE BUYERS CHOICE AT NO TIME WILL A CASH REFUND BE MADE FOR A PUPPY. Viral bacteria colds or infections such as Coccidian or Giardia (bloody stools) are illnesses that can be treated by medication from your vet. It is important to contact breeder and take puppy in for treatment from a vet. These things are not covered by the health guarantee. Umbilical hernias or outie belly buttons are also not covered by the health contracts. From the stress of moving from litter to new home is kennel cough( a raspy cough (Bordetella)) which is a common issue from the stress of moving also short depression lack of appetite for first 48 hours if persists contact vet. All puppies get first set of shorts for distemper parvo corona, also are treated for worms and coccidia prior to leaving Copper Creek Kennel. Loose stools for longer than 48 hours should be addressed with your vet. But please keep Copper Creek Kennel in the loop. Copper Creek Kennel gives a 2 year HIP Guarantee that covers genetic or hereditary disease known as Hip Dysplasia also a 2 year EYE guarantee and that would be checked at the U of M test is known as CERF. Copper Creek reserves the right to deny any payment on any illness of a puppy stated in this contract.
If your puppy doesn’t pass an OFA test on suspicion of Hip Dysplasia (severe) between 20 to 25 months. Purchaser is to spay or neuter unless already done buyer has the right to hand dog over to breeder to rehome or buyer can keep dog as a pet or companion. Breeder will then give buyer a credit for a new puppy from litter of choice. At no time will cash be given to buyer. Proof of issue and spay or neuter needs to be sent to breeder before credit will be given for a replacement. If purchase price of new puppy is more than the credit given difference much is made by buyer.
Copper Creek Kennel reserves the right to get a second option on and diagnosis made on said puppy by vet or specialist of the Kennels choice at the buyer’s expense. Note not all vets are trained to do OFA certification x rays. We suggest calling around to find a vet that is certified to perform an OFA certification x ray exam before having procedure done. These results will be sent to another vet or OFA or OFC agency for best reading results.
The buyer shall provide proper nutrition vet care shelter and exercise. Seller had right to ask for proof and ask to see said dog at any time to check on status of dogs health and condition. If dog is neglected or mistreated seller has the right to get dog back and not give refund. Seller must be able to show proof of vet checks and immunization on said dogs or puppies. All our puppies should be getting fresh water food and excessive daily. If dogs are kept outside must have shelter from heat and cold and dry place to sleep. It’s not a right to have a dog it’s a privilege. Copper Creek does not tolerate abuse or neglect of the animals we raise. We ask that you properly socialize puppies after the appropriate age and after all immunizations are given. Failure to do so can have negative impacts of owner and dog. Obedience classes or proper training is recommended before one year of age. Please feel free to drop us a line with any questions.
5 year guarantee all criteria must be met before pup or dog will be replaced. Dog must have gotten fed an approved dog food vet checks and immunization record. Approved vet must provide information showing that issues with dog or puppy is not an environmental issue or issue made but owner error. Unforeseen issues like early age cancer cataracts tumors digestive problems, extreme allergies or genetic issues not covered in already tested panel. Copper Creek reserves the right to ask for all info needed to make a determination on replacing the dog or puppy. Under this guarantee we also ask you feed your dog an approved dogfood and normal quality care for your puppy or dog. If Copper Creek Kennel feels that this was something that was not caused by an environmental issue or an accident to the dog within reason Copper Creek Kennel will replace the dog or puppy. Copper Creek Kennel reserves the right to approve or deny this replacement guarantee. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
First Right to Recovery
If unable to care for dog or puppy Copper Creek Reserves the right to get the puppy or dog back at the buyer’s expense. The price of the dog is nonrefundable. This includes but is not limited to the buyer privately selling the dog or puppy euthanizing the dog or puppy, surrendering the dog or puppy to a humane society or shelter. With this agreement Copper Creek is not held responsible for any damages issues (physical, emotional or economical). Rehoming dog or puppy without approval from Copper Creek is a breach of contract and can have legal affects. All paperwork must be returned with puppy or dog. If Copper Creek oks rehoming of dog new papers will be drawn up for parties to sign.
Registration: All puppies are sold with AKC registration papers either limited or full unless contracted otherwise. Copper Creek Kennel will require the buyer provide a statement for the vet proving that your puppy has been spayed or neutered by age 18 months with limited registry or health issues unless otherwise contracted.
Puppy bought under this is not intended for breeding or showing. THESE PUPPIES ARE INTENDED FOR FAMILY OR HUNTING PARTNERS. These puppies are to be spayed or neutered per contract to drop the likelihood of breeding accidently. Copies of these needs to be sent to Copper Creek Kennel by age 2 of the dog. If not done this will void the contract and Copper Creek can ask for dog back without refund or replacement. All 30 month health guarantees on hips and eyes still apply with all limited registry puppies. We still reserve the right to ask for second opinion at owner’s expense. As with other Copper creek will replace pup with one of equal value NO CASH REFUNDS.
If buyer breeds Limited registry dog from Copper Creek that will void contract and gives Copper Creek the right to pursue court charges at buyer’s expense. Breeding is not outlined in our limited registry contract; doing so will void the contract and create unregistered puppies. This will also void all contract guarantees.
We do not guarantee the ability of the puppies. We also advise on training courses and seeking advice of a professional if puppy is bought for service or hunting.FULL REGISTRATION (BREEDING RIGHTS)
If puppy is bought for breeding prospect the breeder guarantees against hip dysplasia with an OFA/ OVC rating of fair better or excellent up to 25 months. Eyes will also be guaranteed to pass the CERF test by 25 months. All vaccinations will have to be current and documented by a licensed vet. Must also have a copy of the specialist written report on any genetic issues but the breeder reserves the right to get a second opinion for another vet or specialist of the breeder’s choice at the buyer’s expense.
When breeding by signing this document you state the dog will be at least 2 years of age and have all proper vetting (i.e. immunizations, health clearance etc.). The dog must rate fair or higher on the OFA test and have no other issues.
If at any time around 25 months the said dog doesn’t pass OFA CERF tests and breeder is fine with the vets recommendation Copper Creek will replace breeding prospect with an equivalent puppy. Copper Creek will only replace a puppy once. NO CASH REFUNDS. Original dog MUST be spayed or neuter. Copper Creek is not responsible or liable for any vet bills income loss surgery or any bills related to the lack of being able to breed the puppy.
Buyer is responsible to meet all criteria set forth by kennel and AKC, or the dog must be spayed or neutered. By selling or buying breeding quality dogs we want to better and maintain the breed not degrade or misrepresent the breed.
If buying for show prospect all guarantees mentioned above for breeding apply for show quality however there is no guarantee that said puppy will win in the show ring we do not guarantee this.
If buyer breeds whether it’s accidently or deliberately before outlined above is met this will void contract and Copper Creek has the right to regain possession of said dog. *** if you choose to breed said dog before 2 years of age and without clearance or to a kennel without merit or a non AKC kennel without permission from Copper Creek we reserve the right to take said buyer to court for breach of contract buyer will be responsible for all court costs as well. NO EXCEPTIONS... Copper Creek Kennel prides on providing healthy registered breed worth dogs and we don’t want anything less for the Breed.